Area1 Gwinnett County Council of PTAs Student Scholarships Area 1 Gwinnett County Council of PTAs plans to award 5 scholarships for 2019-2020, one for each cluster high school in good standing. Each scholarship will be $750. Area 1 Gwinnett County Council of PTAs Scholarships assist students who are targeted to successfully complete high school in 2020 and interested in furthering their education in an accredited college or university or a career-ready program (ex.medical technician, nursing program, dental assistant, electrician, etc.); to prepare themselves for careers of their choice with the goal of having these individuals maintain their support and commitment to the advancement of education. This is a one-time, non-renewable scholarship. The scholarships are funded solely through local unit PTA dues and contributions. Qualifications and Eligibility A student is eligible to apply for an Area 1 GwinnettCounty Council PTA Scholarship if he/she:
- Is a graduating senior of an Area1 Gwinnett County High school with a PTA/PTSA (Brookwood HS, Meadowcreek HS, Parkview HS, Shiloh HS, and South Gwinnett HS). The PTA/PTSA must be in good standing with the state (i.e., approved by laws on file, audit submitted, 990 filed) as well as Council dues paid.
- Student must be a PTA/PTSA member him/herself.
- Has been accepted or has submitted an application and is awaiting acceptance* to a two year or four year college/university or career ready program.
- Has exhibited good character.
- Has a satisfactory scholastic record.
- Will attend a college or university or career ready program during the upcoming school year.
*Student must supply acceptance letter from institution prior to receiving the scholarship award. All funds will be paid directly to the institution in the award recipient’s name after receipt of Area 1 Gwinnett Council of PTAs of enrollment verification from the school or institution. Funds may be used for tuition as well as school-related expenses including books, on-campus housing fees, or meal plans.